• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nosebleeds

volitilebeauty

Greenlighter
so, i have been a recreational pill user since i was....17. i am now 23. i stopped snorting pills long ago, and i now only do them about once every two weeks. recently i got too high and threw up, whilst doing this i got a pretty bad nosebleed. i figured i had just popped a blood vessel, but the next time i did the same type of drug (IV morphine) i got a random nosebleed not associated with strain of facial muscles/pressure. anyone had this happen to them? even after they stopped snorting quite awhile ago? Trying to avoid a trip to the doc, any info is greatly appreciated!:\

It could just be the dry air. Try a saline spray.

--> Healthy Living

(No drug discussion in SO :))

Has it only happened twice now? If so, I wouldn't be too concerned. If it happens more and more frequently I would definitely see a doctor about it.

no its happened more than twice, but its becoming more frequent. im positive its not the air, this has never happened before. my current theory is that i may have popped a blood vessel vomiting and it hasnt had time to heal without being re-opened or whatever. i also may jus be a bleeder..

sorry about the SO thing, im a newb.....there are so many topics i thought it might take me all day to find an appropraite one for this question, should i have used the lounge?

No, you certainly shouldn't use the Lounge for this. Well, unless you're a masochist. ;)

It's in the right place now.

You probably have a weak vessel in your nose, it is fairly common, and can occur at any point in your life, it may or may not be related to snorting, though it obviously won't help! 8)

I used to have nosebleeds every day for about 2 years. It never caused me a huge amount of trouble. It randomly stopped when I crashed a quad-bike into t tree and smashed my nose into a huge branch! though I don't recommend doing that, I wouldn't be too worried.

However, if your nose-bleeds last over 30mins at a time consistently, then you should see a doctor. Have you looked up on the correct way to deal with nosebleeds?? from experience there are lots of conflicting opinions as to what you should do. :)

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Nosebleed/Pages/Treatment.aspx

xx

Olive and the link she/he provided covered things very well. In dry climates (cold winters in many regions are actually have dryer air than any desert) putting vaseline or mineral oil in your nose can actually stop nose bleeds caused by dryness.

I had vessels in my nose cauterised when I was younger and have had no problems since. If other means don't help cauterisation is fairly easy these days, it used to be minor surgery in the 70's but the moved from electro cauterisation to chemical since then and its an easy procedure usually nowadays.

i've always gotten nosebleeds, since I can remember. i get nosebleeds every time i vomit. i also usually get a nosebleed after taking any opiate, especially when it contains APAP. i don't know why. do opiates dehydrate you?